Wednesday, June 30, 2010

CAPS AND SHIRTS & ATTENDANCE

While in Jacksonville evaluating hotels, I also found a source for embroidered hats and shirts. I even bought one that had "Tin Can Navy” and a Fletcher Class destroyer silhouette on it.

I will be having these items available to those attending the reunion as well as others who may not be able to attend. The good news is that those attending will not have to pay for any shipping and the bad news is that those NOT attending will have to pay some shipping. I have not determined how much shipping will be yet.

The cost for a hat will be only $10.00 and for a shirts it will be $18.00 for Small to Extra Large sizes. If you need a 2XL there will be an added $3.00. I hope there is no cost increase before we start ordering.

These products are made in the USA and are of very good quality. My old Hazelwood cap is showing some wear so I probably will get a new one. The same about my shirt. It may have shrunk a little .... or maybe I have gone up in size a little!!!!

I hope to have some photos of each in a future post. If not, I will have sample photos of the style of cap and shirt but with another ship's name.

We are getting closer to the reunion now so keep watching for posts to keep yourself updated.

For those who were not sure about coming, if you have decided to come, let me know by e-mail or even a comment put on this Blog. The $30.00 registration fee would also be appreciated.

ATTENDANCE

Since the last post I have received several more shipmates indicating they are planning to attend. We are now up to 38 who are planning to attend. That is a very good number at this early date and I hope to see it keep climbing.

I am planning to publish a tentative schedule for the reunion after we stop in Jacksonville in late August (On our way back from "up north"). During that stop I am going to get with the Navy base and work out our tour of their facilities and plan our commemoration ceremony.

Having that information may encourage more shipmates to attend.

Smooth sailing, Jim Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment