Monday, September 27, 2010

Ron Forehand Update

I received the following email from Virginia Forehand. Ronald served on the Hazelwood as on officer 56-58. and left shortly after I came on board in 58.
"I am so sorry Ronald Forehand will not be able to attend the reunion. He is now in the severe stages of Alzheimer's Disease. He always wanted to attend one of the reunions and never was able to. Now with the reunion being in Jacksonville, so close to us and he still cannot attend. It makes me so sad. He really enjoyed the time he served on the USS Hazelwood. He talked about the shipmates he served with and the ship often and fondly. I do hope everyone who can attend have a wonderful time. Virginia Forehand"

All of our best wishes go to Virginia and Ronald.

Smooth Sailing, Jim Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment