Sunday, January 31, 2010

Update

I have been contacting hotels in the Jacksonville area as I am planning to visit the area in March to evaluate them and try to make a selection for our reunion. This is probably the most difficult decision in the entire reunion process. I hope I can find one with good rates, good "bull session" facilities, a good banquet facility and an easy location to get to with free parking.

The most recent count of those planning to attend is now up to 24 shipmates. Since we are still over a year away from the reunion date, I think that is a very good indication that we are going to have a large turnout. I have received many responses that said they were not sure yet and I feel certain a good number of those will end up attending.

On a sad note, I received a note from Eric Spencer's wife that he had passed away June 27, 2008. I do not have information of when he served or what department /Division he was in.

Later this month I will have the opportunity to visit with Charlie Kepner as he and Jan will be here in Florida to visit Jan's sister. I can get some suggestions from him about the reunion as he chaired the Boston one several years back. We served together in the late 50's and when was Engineering Officer.

Smooth sailing and summer will soon be here

No comments:

Post a Comment