Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Good News & Sad News



I hope everyone had a Happy New Year and will continue to to do so this year.

Even though it still 15 months before we have our reunion, I have received replies that 14 shipmates will be attending. of course I will be there also. I do appreciate these responses and they give me the confidence that we are going to have good attendance and a great reunion.

Earlier this week I made a mailing of postcards to 61 shipmates that had not responded to my Email to them. Since I also had a postal address for them, this mailing will confirm to me that they have received reunion information.

I also received a sad Email from the daughter of Ed Czajka. Here what she had to say:

"My Dad, Ed Czajka , passed away on November 30, 2009. He passed away at age 82 from renal failure at his home, surrounded by his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

Marguerite Czajka"

I relied to her and expressed our condolences and said we would remember him and other who have passed away at the reunion.

On a more pleasant note, I was going through my Hazelwood photo file and I found the following two photos of Otis Wolfe. Otis served aboard 43 - 46 as a SM First Class. The one on the left was taken at the 2007 reunion and the one on the right was taken Dec 1, 1944. Otis is on the left in that photo and he may be in Hawaii.















Smooth sailing and once again, Happy New Year


No comments:

Post a Comment