Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Everything is happening on April 29!!

I am in the final stages of the reunion planning and I am starting to gather up all the needed item to take to Jacksonville this coming week. I will leaving North Port early on Tuesday so I can arrive early that day. There is lots to do!!

I need to pick up the caps and shirts that have been ordered. We need to get the supplies for the Hospitality room. I have to get the registration desk ready to be quickly set up on Wednesday AM and get the coffee brewing in the hospitality room. Even with all that is going on it will be a fun time.

I have been somewhat disappointed in the number of cancellations though. We will have only 43 shipmates attending. Each shipmate will get a list of those attending.

Now, what all is going on April 29th in addition to our banquet?? At about 4 AM in the morning the royal wedding in England will be shown on TV. At about 3 PM in the afternoon a shuttle launch will be going up from Cape Canaveral. Since we can sometimes see them from the gulf coast I am sure we may get a glimpse of it heading for orbit from Jacksonville.

So it is a busy day for many different people.

Today I just received a package from the son of W. B. Smith who served on the Hazelwood at Okinawa. I will be taking the items to the reunion so they can be put on display. When I gt back I will have photos taken of them so you all can see them on this site.

Smooth sailing.

Jim Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment