Sunday, November 20, 2011

Captain Lilly's 90th Birthday Party

I have received pictures from Carol Lilly of Captain Lilly's 90 birthday. I am sure all shipmates will enjoy seeing them. The following is her email which included the pictures.

"Hello Jim,

Here are the pix from Creighton's 90th birthday party in September -- finally!!
Creighton's 90th birthday party was a wonderful dinner party attended by over 80 people.



Creighton was roasted and toasted by his children and grandchildren.


At the birthday party I presented the Hazelwood caps and read the many cards and accolades that were sent to Creighton by former Hazelwood crew members and co-workers. My father was deeply moved and astonished -- as was everyone in the room! The deep admiration and love expressed by all who sent cards and letters was truly remarkable.
I send you all a great big giant THANK YOU!
Regards,
Carol Lilly"

Here is Capt. Lilly and his daughter Carol.
This picture is of Creighton and Barbara proudly wearing their Hazelwood caps!


This is a picture of the delicious Hazelwood cake complete with a roadrunner and a golfer!



This is a picture is of a table of memorabilia from Creighton's life.
 



Here is a picture of my parents, their four children, spouses, and grandchildren.

I hope all of you enjoy seeing these pictures as much as I have.  Jim Julian

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    Charlie('56-'59) & Jan Kepner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pics of CAPT Lilly. He was a CO of mine when I was on the Haz 1959-1962.

    BT2 Clete Skrabak
    Now:LCDR, SC, USN (Ret)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will always remember fondly Capt. Lilly raising the Road Runner Flag when challenging another Destroyer in Narraganset Bay. We were the fastest Tin Can in Newport RI. 40 plus knots.
    RM3 Ted Winzig (62-64)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly adorable photos from captain Lilly’ 90th birthday. I am just in love with these pictures. My grandma just turned 70 and we had planned a surprise party for her. It was a wonderful vintage themed DIY party at venue NYC and she loved our surprise a lot.

    ReplyDelete