Friday, December 21, 2012

Reunion Update and Taps

On December 10 I mailed postcards and emailed  shipmates the notice of the upcoming reunion in April 2013 in Newport RI area. The announcement is also posted on this blog dated December 9.
I have been getting responses and at this time I have received notice that 10 shipmates are planning to attend and 15 are still not sure. That is  total of 25 at this date.
When I make notification of a reunion I get address changes as well as notices that shipmates that have passed on. I have received 2 Taps notices so far this month.
William Vogt passed away on May 17, 2012 . Bill served on the Hazelwood in 1960-63 as an ET in  the Operations department.
Laddie Novak passed away almost 3 years ago on December 24, 2009. Laddie served on the Hazelwood in 1945 and was a deck hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment