Saturday, January 5, 2013

Update & More Taps

TAPS: I just recently received word that Charles Stark from Munising, MI passed away in June of 2011. He served on the Hazelwood in 1955-56. I also got an email informing me that August Spalek passed away on December 7, 2012 at the age of 80 years. He was shown as a BM3 during the World Cruise and his nickname was Hollywood.
UPDATE: As of this date I, have 31 Shipmates that have indicated they are coming to the reunion or are interested or planning to. If you are planning to attend you can make your hotel reservations now. I called in several weeks ago and made  mine!!
Just call 800-967-9033 and let them know the dates you plan on being at the hotel. Of course the hotel is the RADISSON HOTEL PROVIDENCE AIRPORT. The $79.00 per night rate is lowest we have seen in several reunions. I can assure you it is a good looking hotel as we visited it earlier this year.
They provide free shuttle service to and from the airport.
I hope to see many of you at the reunion.

Smooth sailing and Happy New Year, Jim Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment