Thursday, September 3, 2009

Update of Emails

This past week I have been doing a lot of updating of our emails on our database. I added on a number that I had and we ended up with 88 emails in the database. Since we hope to use this a lot to reduce our mailing costs and to get a lot of information out to shipmates, I felt it was important.

I also did a Google Search for DD531 reunion and I was amazed at all of the information I found. I even found a picture of Donald Petrie from the 40's. I will have to post it here along with a more recent picture of him!! Rather than try to tell you all that I found, give it try yourself. The best thing I found was a Tin Can Sailors Shipmate Registry. In this, there were many shipmates that were registered along with email addresses that we did not have on our database. A number of the registries were from relatives of shipmates that passed away and were looking for information on their relative's service.

The emails that were not in our database I added to my own email address book and will be sending them emails informing them of our upcoming reunion and giving them information on getting to this Blog Site. I am sure a number of the emails will not be good and that is why I did not add them to our database as yet. I want them to be verified.

I got 98 emails from the Shipmate Registry that we did not have in our database. I am hoping that this addition may give us the opportunity to have one of the largest reunions we have had.

During this past week I did get some proposals from several hotels in the Jacksonville area but did not even study them. I am waiting until I have a sufficient number to review and then will take a trip to Jacksonville to look at them in person.

In regards to this BLOG. You will notice that there is a link where you can make your comments. I am sure I would enjoy hearing them and they will be able to be seen by other shipmates as well. If you wish to communicate more privately with me you can use a new email address I have set up just for the reunion. My Reunion Email address is: DD531reunion@earthlink.net . If you use it you will not even hit my spam blocker!!

Smooth sailing until the next update.

2 comments:

  1. Jim Great job!!! Anything on Bob{Spider} Bradley ET2 or Bob Gorman, ET2.
    Richard Ernst

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also suggest that you make a facebook page for the reunion. It is truely amazing the number of people who use their service.

    ReplyDelete