Wednesday, December 23, 2009

News from Shipmates

I received a note from Fred Butler saying he would not be able to attend this reunion. He is now in an assisted living center in Greenville, SC. His note said:
" Many thanks for you card, posting me on the next reunion in Florida I am now 90 years old and not equal to much traveling. As you will note I am a WW-II sailor , the first officer assigned to the ship in Feb. 1943, in San Francisco. It was a great ship with a great crew"

I also received the following note:
I wanted to let you know that my Dad passed away on March 8, 209. He was 86 years old. His name was Bill Partridge of Hutchinson, KS. Sincerely, Gwen Weidman"

It is encouraging that at this early date I have received notification that 14 shipmates are planning to attend the reunion. I know that I started asking early so I am really pleased that we are already up to a reasonable number planning to attend.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

1 comment:

  1. Clifford Depew of Michigan, who was wounded in the Kamikaze attack, died in 1992. I am married to his nephew.

    Ellie Depew

    ReplyDelete