Saturday, August 28, 2010

More news

I just got back from a trip "up north" and on the return, stopped in Jacksonville to firm up some more details of the reunion. When I got all of my held mail delivered, I found we now have two more shipmates planning to attend.

Murray Palladino, RM3, 43-46 and Ray Berger, RD2, 60-62 now brings our shipmate count up to 45. Keep those reservations coming and we will have a lot of fun seeing old shipmates.

While in Jacksonville I firmed up our contract with the Crowne Plaza JAX Airport Hotel. I was really pleased that they have agreed to let us have, at no cost, two adjoining hospitality rooms. We will have plenty of room for our Bull Sessions with seating for a lot of folks and tables for refreshments. They even allow us to bring our own refreshments to the rooms which is not normally permitted.

The rooms are on the first floor of the hotel and have doors that lead out to a courtyard where the "Smoking Lamp" will be lit.

For the banquet on Friday evening you will be able to select one the following:

12 oz. Ribeye - $34.00
Pecan Crusted Mahi-Mahi - $34.00
Chicken Marsala - $32.00

This includes the tip, all taxes, salad and dessert. A cash bar will be set up an hour prior to the dinner since we are not permitted to bring our own "refreshments" into the banquet room.

While I was there I even made my room reservations for Carol and I. I know it is early, but why not. If you wish to make them this early your are welcome to do so, but remember to tell them that you are with the HAZELWOOD REUNION and you will get the special room rate of $88.00 (Plus taxes = just under $100.00 per night.)

If you are not a member of the Priority Club, JOIN IT!! It is free and you get special perks and a special section of the hotel for rooms. Joining is easy by going to priorityclub.com or just call 1-888-211-9874. Have a Priority Number when you reserve your room to make sure you get the perks.

I know you may not be making your reservations this early but if you wish to you can call the hotel toll free at 1-800-2CROWNE or on-line at cpjacksonvilleairport.com
Their web site will also give you a lot of information about the hotel and its facilities.

All of this information will be mailed to you in Late December and also confirmed via email to those with email addresses.

I am still working on getting the Navy to give us a tour of a ship at Mayport Naval Base but that has not yet been confirmed yet. This war on terrorism is causing a lot more security issues. If something happens and we get cancelled on a ship tour, I have alternative plans in the works.

I think this enough information for you all to digest at this time.

Smooth sailing, Jim Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment