Sunday, November 28, 2010

Reunion Schedule Revision

In my posting of July 8, 2010 there is a tentative schedule of events for the reunion. This schedule has to be altered because of a problem the tour companies in the area are having. I was planning to have the tour of the Naval base and commemoration ceremony on Friday, April 29.

It seems that Friday, April 29 is senior prom night in Orlando, FL and all the tour companies in most of Florida are using all of their buses to transport the school seniors to Disney World and the other theme parks in Orlando. I have been able to get two 56 passenger buses held for us on Thursday, April 28 though.

We will have our tour of the base and our commemoration ceremony on Thursday, April 28. I will be posting a new schedule as soon as I get more information from the tour company.

Smooth Sailing, Jim Julian

2 comments:

  1. Gentlemen: My name is Danny D. Bowman. I am the Forsyth County (Georgia) Fire Chief. My father is the late Larry D. Bowman, formerly of the USS Hazelwood. Following WWII, dad transferred to the U.S. Army. Let's not hold that against him :) He retired as E-9 (Sergeant Major) in 1987. I have in my possession a rather large 2-foot long photo of the USS Hazelwood dated October 29, 1945, showing the ship and all of her crew, with Lt. Comdr. J.C. Mathews prominently up front and some 200 crew members. If you already have this photo for display at your reunions, great. If not, please let me know and I'll see if a local Atlanta print shop will copy the photo. (They might give me some heartburn, as the right side of the photo shows "Thompson Photo, Los Angeles") We should be able to get around that somehow. That said, if someone will give me a contact name and address, I'll get a copy of the photo to you somehow. Dad would like that. Kindest regards: Danny Bowman aka: meteorwrite@adelphia.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please change the previous e-mail address to: meteorwrite@comcast.net as my wife advises me that our address recently changed. Thanks: Danny D. Bowman.

    ReplyDelete