Friday, December 11, 2009

Mailing & E-Mail results through Dec 11

On December 2, I sent 189 E-mails to shipmates as a survey to find out how many may be planning to attend the reunion. When I sent the E-mail, I asked for an automatic reply to be made to me when it was opened on the addressee’s computer. In this way it was easy for me to know if it was received and it was also easy for the recipient to reply by just clicking once.

There were 51 E-mails that I got a receipt from or got an actual reply. Only 5 of the returns said they were sure they would not be able to attend. There were 8 that the E-mail address was not good and could not be delivered. Three of these had a street address available so I sent them a card.

There were 182 postcards sent to those without an E-mail address. So far I have received 9 cards back because the address was not good or it could not be forwarded. Of these, the post office supplied for 5 of them and I sent them a card to their new address. Two of the cards I received, provided me with their E-mail address. Each day I am getting several cards back and updating information.

So far there have been 5 Shipmates who have said they will be attending. That is not including me! As we get more saying they are attending, I will post a list of the attendees so you can be informed of who you will see at the reunion.

In several weeks I plan to send a Post Card to those with E-mail address that have not sent an acknowledgement that they have received the E-mail. I guess some individuals do not check their E-mail very frequently.

Have a Merry Christmas, Jim Julian

No comments:

Post a Comment